Monday, January 24, 2011

Live Footage of Henry Cow/Call for Comments

     This is apparently the only live material of Henry Cow in video form. With the exception of the group's In Praise of Learning, the group's live material is much better than the recorded material. Fortunately, there is quite a bit of live material that is now available on record.  As I had mentioned in my first post, Henry Cow was both committed to creating music influenced by both the counter-culture and the avant-garde, as well as a genuine and long lasting commitment to radical politics.  After the group's breakup, the members continued to produce interesting art in the form a vast variety of groups (News On Babel, Art Bears, Science Group, etc.) and promoting other people's art through Chris Cutler's Recommended Records.
      In addition to that short note, I've noticed that there has been very little in the way of commenting so far on the blog.  I thought I would write a short note to encourage more comments and discussions.  I'm genuinely curious about what people think about the work included here, whether those comments are positive, critical, or somewhere in between.  I created this forum as a way of presenting my work to something that approximates a public, that is to say, presenting it to strangers as well as friends and colleagues.  At the same time, I was hoping to also have some sort of conversation within that setting, whether between strangers or friends.  In any case, I encourage folks to put down there thoughts on any of the postings that I have written over the past few months.  I hope to hear from you.












No comments:

Post a Comment